Drew Khandi, the Vegan Next Door
BY Michelle Garcia
April 30 2014 3:26 PM ET
You have a lot of competition from your fellow vegans; are you developing a strategy to beat them in any way?
Yes, my strategy is to tweet, retweet, and re-retweet. Post to everyone's page on Facebook, ask them to repost, and go from there. I do have an advantage by working at a vegan restaurant here in New York City which gets a lot of traffic, so everyone I strike up a conversation with, I tell them if they have questions about veganism or want to vote for me, they can go to PETA.org and not only vote for Drew Khandi but order a vegan starter kit or watch videos of animal treatment on farms.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Hundreds Attend Satanic Statue Unveiling in Detroit Despite Terrorist Threats
- Even the Rehearsal Footage From Madonna's Rebel Heart Tour Is Spellbinding
- These Are the U.S. Trans Women Killed in 2015
- Op-ed: How We Can Address Homophobia at the Doctor's Office