Drew Khandi, the Vegan Next Door
BY Michelle Garcia
April 30 2014 3:26 PM ET
You have a lot of competition from your fellow vegans; are you developing a strategy to beat them in any way?
Yes, my strategy is to tweet, retweet, and re-retweet. Post to everyone's page on Facebook, ask them to repost, and go from there. I do have an advantage by working at a vegan restaurant here in New York City which gets a lot of traffic, so everyone I strike up a conversation with, I tell them if they have questions about veganism or want to vote for me, they can go to PETA.org and not only vote for Drew Khandi but order a vegan starter kit or watch videos of animal treatment on farms.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'