Drew Khandi, the Vegan Next Door
BY Michelle Garcia
April 30 2014 3:26 PM ET
You have a lot of competition from your fellow vegans; are you developing a strategy to beat them in any way?
Yes, my strategy is to tweet, retweet, and re-retweet. Post to everyone's page on Facebook, ask them to repost, and go from there. I do have an advantage by working at a vegan restaurant here in New York City which gets a lot of traffic, so everyone I strike up a conversation with, I tell them if they have questions about veganism or want to vote for me, they can go to PETA.org and not only vote for Drew Khandi but order a vegan starter kit or watch videos of animal treatment on farms.
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- Eurovision Winner Who Called Gays an 'Abnormality' Changes Tune
- For YouTube's 10th Birthday, the 10 Best LGBT Videos