Drew Khandi, the Vegan Next Door
BY Michelle Garcia
April 30 2014 3:26 PM ET
What is one misconception about vegans that people should drop?
That it's hard to be vegan outside of major cities. Chipotle now offers vegan options across the country, along with Taco Bell, and not to mention Johnny Rockets has vegan apple pie and burgers! Can't get any more easy all-American than that! Supermarkets everywhere offer veggie dogs, soy cheese, and almond milk, just to name a few. Not to mention, unless your dinner is just a plate of meat, you pretty much eat vegan already if you think about it. Salads, veggies, beans, nuts, fruits, and tubers are all vegan. So it's not hard at all! That's the common misconception I'd like to see people let go of.
And again, if anyone wants to vote for Drew or order a super easy vegan starter kit or watch videos of animal treatment in farms, go to PETA.org.
- World Record Bodybuilder Comes Out as Trans
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- WATCH: CIA Contractor Details Antigay Harassment by Colleagues in War Zone
- Brokeback Mountain: The 10th Anniversary of a Gay Classic
- 10 Things People Living With HIV Are Sick of Hearing
- Members of Congress to Antigay Nations' Diplomats: Leave Your Spouse Home