BY Advocate.com Editors
November 11 2009 11:00 AM ET
OK, so maybe that description of a condom breaking is a bit dramatic. But condoms do indeed sometimes tear or break, and now a study has uncovered a reason why -- “blunt puncture,” the name given to stretching the condom until it breaks due to rigorous thrusting. About 90% of all condom failures not caused by misuse are due to blunt puncture, according to the analysis of more than 970 failed condoms. So, guys, take it a bit easier to ensure that your condom stays intact and that you protect yourself and your partner from HIV and other STDs.
- 5 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- George Takei Joins Gamers in Shunning Indiana
- Michigan Woman Sues Planet Fitness Over Trans-Inclusive Locker Room