BY Advocate Contributors
September 24 2009 4:30 PM ET
What can you do to help out?
- If you're unsure of your HIV status, get tested (to find nearby testing locations, visit www.HIVtest.org). Also, encourage your friends to get tested
- Talk with your friends about HIV; share your own experiences and stories by posting on our Facebook page
- Update your Facebook, MySpace, and Twitter site with an Awareness Day message
- Learn more about HIV/AIDS at the Web pages of the National Association for People With AIDS, the Global Business Coalition on HIV/AIDS Tuberculosis and Malaria, and the CDC
- Visit our Facebook page for information and insights from Perez Hilton, Kenneth Cole, former NBA player John Amaechi, Noah’s Arc cast member Doug Spearman, and more
As an umpire I used to say, “I’m not always right, but I’m never wrong!” Well, I am not wrong about this! Get tested! Know your status! Step up to the “plate” and do the right thing for you, your partner and your community.
- Entertainment News Musto: Tom Daley & Maria Bello Are Bi, Get Used To It 56 min 35 sec ago
- Television WATCH: The 12 Gayest Holiday Spectaculars Ever! 7:00 AM
- Comedy Op-ed: What I Didn't Learn in Catholic School 6:00 AM
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: These Couples Prove Love Is Love 5:00 AM
- World News German President Will Boycott Sochi Olympics December 08 2013 3:16 PM
- Marriage Equality Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License December 08 2013 2:31 PM
- Comedy WATCH: Ellen and Portia Recreate Bound 2 December 08 2013 2:15 PM