BY Advocate Contributors
September 24 2009 4:30 PM ET
What can you do to help out?
- If you're unsure of your HIV status, get tested (to find nearby testing locations, visit www.HIVtest.org). Also, encourage your friends to get tested
- Talk with your friends about HIV; share your own experiences and stories by posting on our Facebook page
- Update your Facebook, MySpace, and Twitter site with an Awareness Day message
- Learn more about HIV/AIDS at the Web pages of the National Association for People With AIDS, the Global Business Coalition on HIV/AIDS Tuberculosis and Malaria, and the CDC
- Visit our Facebook page for information and insights from Perez Hilton, Kenneth Cole, former NBA player John Amaechi, Noah’s Arc cast member Doug Spearman, and more
As an umpire I used to say, “I’m not always right, but I’m never wrong!” Well, I am not wrong about this! Get tested! Know your status! Step up to the “plate” and do the right thing for you, your partner and your community.
- WATCH: Mom Affirms Her Love in Son's Coming-Out Video
- Wives Want To Know If Their Husbands Are Gay
- Op-ed: We're Here, We're Queer, We're Not Part of a Pair
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- One Day in Big Gaylarious America
- Defending Anti-LGBT Laws, Putin Slams 'Genderless, Fruitless Tolerance'
- Women 3 Gay Lady-Related Golden Globe Nominations that Make Us Happy! 1 hour 31 min ago
- Coming Out WATCH: Mom Affirms Her Love in Son's Coming-Out Video 1 hour 54 min ago
- People Photo of the Day: DLB and Tom Daley Share a Moment in Houston 2 hours 1 min ago
- Marriage Equality Australia Re-Bans Same-Sex Marriage 2 hours 9 min ago
- Entertainment News Damien Lewis vs. Ian McKellen: Homeland Actor Apologizes 2 hours 12 min ago
- Politics WATCH: Right-Wing 'Documentary' Tries to Defend 'Ex-Gay' Therapy 2 hours 20 min ago
- Internet Wives Want To Know If Their Husbands Are Gay 2:44 PM