BY Advocate Contributors
September 24 2009 4:30 PM ET
What can you do to help out?
- If you're unsure of your HIV status, get tested (to find nearby testing locations, visit www.HIVtest.org). Also, encourage your friends to get tested
- Talk with your friends about HIV; share your own experiences and stories by posting on our Facebook page
- Update your Facebook, MySpace, and Twitter site with an Awareness Day message
- Learn more about HIV/AIDS at the Web pages of the National Association for People With AIDS, the Global Business Coalition on HIV/AIDS Tuberculosis and Malaria, and the CDC
- Visit our Facebook page for information and insights from Perez Hilton, Kenneth Cole, former NBA player John Amaechi, Noah’s Arc cast member Doug Spearman, and more
As an umpire I used to say, “I’m not always right, but I’m never wrong!” Well, I am not wrong about this! Get tested! Know your status! Step up to the “plate” and do the right thing for you, your partner and your community.
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return 6:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith 4:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial March 07 2014 7:20 PM
- Uganda As Aid Cuts Continue, Ugandan Officials Not Concerned March 07 2014 6:57 PM
- Religion Fired Gay Administrator Sues Wash. Catholic School March 07 2014 6:55 PM