Getting Fit for the New Year 2.0
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
January 16 2013 8:00 AM ET
See this guy? That is how I usually spend my time on the sofa. I work 10 (or 12) hours, then hit traffic for two or three more, and by the time I’m home I just want to sit silently in front of a television, zombiefied by a litany of reality shows or sitcoms, dinner, and a cocktail or two.
However, I’m not impervious to New Year’s resolutions, so this year I put “get fit” at the top of my list, like a lot of you, I’m sure. But, I’m too broke for pay a personal trainer in Los Angeles or to buy one of those huge 10-DVD workout programs that are so enticing and come from two of the country’s hottest gay trainers, The Biggest Loser’s Jillian Michaels and Insanity master Shaun Thompson.
But my 9-year-old nephew had the idea that turned me around, and my fitness salvation came, of course, via video games.
- 7 Brave Campuses for LGBT Students in the South
- Michael Sam Passed Over By Every NFL Team
- Op-ed: In The Long Run, Michael Sam Being Cut Was About Homophobia
- WATCH: Gay Teen Explains What Bible Really Says
- Op-ed: Miley's Date Proves Homelessness Is the Real Crime
- Reports: Dallas Cowboys Eye Michael Sam for Practice Squad