Getting Fit for the New Year 2.0
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
January 16 2013 8:00 AM ET
See this guy? That is how I usually spend my time on the sofa. I work 10 (or 12) hours, then hit traffic for two or three more, and by the time I’m home I just want to sit silently in front of a television, zombiefied by a litany of reality shows or sitcoms, dinner, and a cocktail or two.
However, I’m not impervious to New Year’s resolutions, so this year I put “get fit” at the top of my list, like a lot of you, I’m sure. But, I’m too broke for pay a personal trainer in Los Angeles or to buy one of those huge 10-DVD workout programs that are so enticing and come from two of the country’s hottest gay trainers, The Biggest Loser’s Jillian Michaels and Insanity master Shaun Thompson.
But my 9-year-old nephew had the idea that turned me around, and my fitness salvation came, of course, via video games.
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Father of Teen Facing Felony for Lesbian Relationship Says She's Been Targeted Before
- The Miseducation of Destin Holmes
- French Marriage Equality Opponent Commits Suicide at Notre Dame
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- LGBT-Inclusive Immigration Reform Good as Dead, Say Advocates
Sign Up For Email Updates
- World News Marriage Equality Appeal Headed to Brazil's Supreme Court 1 hour 5 min ago
- Mental Wellness Psychiatrists' Group Names First Out Gay Leader May 21 2013 10:04 PM
- Arts & Entertainment Which Gay Celeb Has a Wizard of Oz Aquarium? May 21 2013 10:00 PM
- Women WATCH: Kathy Griffin Calls for Suze Orman for President! May 21 2013 8:29 PM
- Marriage Equality Marriage Equality Makes Progress in U.K. May 21 2013 8:25 PM
- Women PHOTOS: Stars Come Out for the LA Gay and Lesbian Center's 'An Evening with Women' May 21 2013 8:03 PM
- Video Meet the Delicious Diet Dr Pepper Dude May 21 2013 8:00 PM