Are Your HIV Drugs Aging You?
BY Andi Alexander
August 18 2011 3:00 AM ET
Antiretroviral medications have allowed HIVers to live longer and manage their viral load, but the drugs also sometimes have harmful, toxic side effects. A recent example comes from new research by the Institute of Genetic Medicine at the U.K.’s Newcastle University, which indicates that the older antiretrovirals are primary culprits in premature aging.
For more go to HIV Plus Magazine.
- First Gay Couple to Wed at West Point Turns Tables on Antigay Attacker
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- Op-ed: Are Millennials More Racist Than Antigay?
- Op-ed: Think NOM Is Dead? Think Again
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- UFC Women's Champ: 'I Wouldn't Refuse' to Fight a Trans Athlete