Are Your HIV Drugs Aging You?
BY Andi Alexander
August 18 2011 2:00 AM ET
Antiretroviral medications have allowed HIVers to live longer and manage their viral load, but the drugs also sometimes have harmful, toxic side effects. A recent example comes from new research by the Institute of Genetic Medicine at the U.K.’s Newcastle University, which indicates that the older antiretrovirals are primary culprits in premature aging.
For more go to HIV Plus Magazine.
- WATCH: Rep. Polis's Epic Blowup on House Floor Over Immigration
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- WATCH: Colo. Baker Who Refused Gay Wedding Cake Appears In Court
- New York Officials Demand Olympic Sponsors Take Action
- Op-ed: Stop Judging Tom Daley and Dustin Lance Black
- WATCH: Bill O'Reilly's 'War on Christmas' Led By Abortionists and Married Gays
- HIV & AIDS Nelson Mandela, HIV Advocate and Humanitarian, Dies at 95 8 min 43 sec ago
- World News Nelson Mandela, Humanitarian and HIV Advocate, Dies at 95 27 min 12 sec ago
- Women Toni Braxton's Dream Role Is to Play Lesbian on Orange Is the New Black 28 min 22 sec ago
- Entertainment News Sam Champion Receives Emotional Send-Off From Good Morning America 58 min 41 sec ago
- Style Model Watch: Learn How To Charm The Camera With Marc Buckner 1 hour 29 min ago
- News New York Officials Demand Olympic Sponsors Take Action 2 hours 1 min ago
- Election Is The GOP Discriminating Against Its Gay Candidates? 2 hours 3 min ago