Congresswoman to receive AIDS award
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 12 2002 12:00 AM ET
U.S. representative Maxine Waters (D-Calif.) will receive the Global AIDS Alliance's Stop Global AIDS Leadership Award on October 5 for her efforts in fighting the disease both in the United States and internationally, particularly her support of debt relief for developing nations so that more money in poor countries can be spent on AIDS prevention and treatment. The award will be presented at a ceremony in Los Angeles. Also being honored at the event are U.S. senator Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.) and ActionAid coordinator of HIV/AIDS programs Jackie Bataringaya.
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing it Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Gay Wedding Advice for Gays and Straights
- WATCH: Violet Chachki & Alaska Get Ratchet in Team Heartbreak's 'Do It Like Miley'
- PHOTOS: Toronto Shows Off Its Pride