Rutgers receives $11 million for HIV/AIDS research
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 21 2002 1:00 AM ET
Rutgers University this week was awarded more than $11 million in new federal grants to continue several HIV/AIDS research projects, including research into new and more effective HIV antiretroviral drugs, The New York Times reports. The largest individual grant was $6.5 million from the National Institutes of Health to develop technology to determine the three-dimensional shape of HIV proteins, a key step in determining their function.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Modern Family Director Live-Tweets a Plane Passenger's Drunken Meltdown
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- Outrage After Major Minn. Paper Sells Transphobic Coalition Full-Page Ad