Rutgers receives $11 million for HIV/AIDS research
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 21 2002 1:00 AM ET
Rutgers University this week was awarded more than $11 million in new federal grants to continue several HIV/AIDS research projects, including research into new and more effective HIV antiretroviral drugs, The New York Times reports. The largest individual grant was $6.5 million from the National Institutes of Health to develop technology to determine the three-dimensional shape of HIV proteins, a key step in determining their function.
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- Artist Spotlight: Roberta Marrero
- LGBT People Are Driving an Upheaval in Video Games
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- LSU Fraternity Faces Heat For Crass Michael Sam Banner
- I'm From Driftwood Presents: 'You're Bisexual? Then Why Not Choose To Be Normal?'