Rutgers receives $11 million for HIV/AIDS research
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 21 2002 12:00 AM ET
Rutgers University this week was awarded more than $11 million in new federal grants to continue several HIV/AIDS research projects, including research into new and more effective HIV antiretroviral drugs, The New York Times reports. The largest individual grant was $6.5 million from the National Institutes of Health to develop technology to determine the three-dimensional shape of HIV proteins, a key step in determining their function.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- Gay Comic Publisher Undaunted by Apple's iBook Censorship
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View