Rutgers receives $11 million for HIV/AIDS research
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 21 2002 1:00 AM ET
Rutgers University this week was awarded more than $11 million in new federal grants to continue several HIV/AIDS research projects, including research into new and more effective HIV antiretroviral drugs, The New York Times reports. The largest individual grant was $6.5 million from the National Institutes of Health to develop technology to determine the three-dimensional shape of HIV proteins, a key step in determining their function.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Rep. Steve King Wants Congress to Denounce Supreme Court's Marriage Equality Ruling
- The Advocate's 31 Favorite Films of Outfest 2015
- Why Does Facebook Censor Gay Images?
- Op-ed: I'm a Lesbian Targeted by the Bathroom Police
- PHOTOS: Big Gay Weddings Across Texas