Cambridge, Mass., student receives first Lisa Lopes AIDS Scholarship
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 12 2002 1:00 AM ET
Ineudira Barbosa, a student and volunteer with Teens for Education, Advocacy and Leadership in Cambridge, Mass., has been named the first recipient of the Lisa Lopes AIDS Scholarship, named in memory of Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes of the musical group TLC, the Boston Herald reports. Barbosa helps educate peers about sexuality, sexually transmitted diseases, birth control, pregnancy, and other sexual health issues at TEAL. She was selected from more than 20,000 applicants to receive the $25,000 scholarship.
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sees 'No Crying Need' for SCOTUS to Take Up Marriage
- Obama: Constitution 'Does Guarantee Same-Sex Marriage in All 50 States'
- Same-Sex Couple's Kiss Sparks U.K. Bus Driver's Antigay Rant
- WATCH: CNN's Cooper, Lemon Explore Their Roots in Special Program