Cambridge, Mass., student receives first Lisa Lopes AIDS Scholarship
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 12 2002 1:00 AM ET
Ineudira Barbosa, a student and volunteer with Teens for Education, Advocacy and Leadership in Cambridge, Mass., has been named the first recipient of the Lisa Lopes AIDS Scholarship, named in memory of Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes of the musical group TLC, the Boston Herald reports. Barbosa helps educate peers about sexuality, sexually transmitted diseases, birth control, pregnancy, and other sexual health issues at TEAL. She was selected from more than 20,000 applicants to receive the $25,000 scholarship.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- Bible-Quoting Man Shoots Couple With BB Gun Outside Minneapolis Gay Bar
- Modern Family Director Live-Tweets a Plane Passenger's Drunken Meltdown
- Outrage After Major Minn. Paper Sells Transphobic Coalition Full-Page Ad