Cambridge, Mass., student receives first Lisa Lopes AIDS Scholarship
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 12 2002 1:00 AM ET
Ineudira Barbosa, a student and volunteer with Teens for Education, Advocacy and Leadership in Cambridge, Mass., has been named the first recipient of the Lisa Lopes AIDS Scholarship, named in memory of Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes of the musical group TLC, the Boston Herald reports. Barbosa helps educate peers about sexuality, sexually transmitted diseases, birth control, pregnancy, and other sexual health issues at TEAL. She was selected from more than 20,000 applicants to receive the $25,000 scholarship.
- 7 Brave Campuses for LGBT Students in the South
- Op-ed: In The Long Run, Michael Sam Being Cut Was About Homophobia
- Michael Sam Passed Over By Every NFL Team
- WATCH: Gay Teen Explains What Bible Really Says
- WATCH: Which State's Marriage Equality Proposal Will Make SCOTUS Say 'I Do?'
- Comedian's Billboard Taunts Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka