China to lift ban on condom advertisements
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 14 2002 1:00 AM ET
A Chinese government ban on the advertisement of products related to sexual activity, including condoms, that was established in 1989 will be changed beginning next year to permit condom ads, Agence France-Presse reports. "The ban should have been lifted a long time ago because condoms are the most effective tools not only for avoiding pregnancy but also protecting people and their partners from sexually transmitted disease," said An Bohua, a state family planning official.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Has Gaga Lost the Gays?
- Op-ed: The Trouble With Teen Wolf
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- Philly: Catholic High School Fires Basketball Coach for Connection to Antigay Beating
- Jon Stewart Remembers When The NFL's Biggest Distraction Was a Gay Player