China to lift ban on condom advertisements
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 14 2002 1:00 AM ET
A Chinese government ban on the advertisement of products related to sexual activity, including condoms, that was established in 1989 will be changed beginning next year to permit condom ads, Agence France-Presse reports. "The ban should have been lifted a long time ago because condoms are the most effective tools not only for avoiding pregnancy but also protecting people and their partners from sexually transmitted disease," said An Bohua, a state family planning official.
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- New Report Underlines Savage Inequalities Faced by LGBT Americans
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- Out NYC Owner Hires Omar Sharif Jr. as Community Liaison
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- Greenland Parliament Unanimously Green-Lights Marriage Equality