China to lift ban on condom advertisements
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 14 2002 12:00 AM ET
A Chinese government ban on the advertisement of products related to sexual activity, including condoms, that was established in 1989 will be changed beginning next year to permit condom ads, Agence France-Presse reports. "The ban should have been lifted a long time ago because condoms are the most effective tools not only for avoiding pregnancy but also protecting people and their partners from sexually transmitted disease," said An Bohua, a state family planning official.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson
- Another Lap for Michael Phelps’s Self-Proclaimed Girlfriend
- Meet This Year's 'Prime Time 25'
- Texas AG: Same-Sex Couples' Request to Marry 'Untimely, Out of Order'
- Why the Mississippi Marriage Win Is Our Most Important Yet