Florida AIDS groups launch bicycling fund-raiser
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 20 2002 12:00 AM ET
Florida AIDS Action, the Wansiki Foundation in Broward County, Fla., Orlando's Hug Me program, and the Sarasota, Fla., Comprehensive Care Clinic have announced the first annual "Bike It and B.E.A.R. (Because Education Achieves Results) It" bicycling fund-raiser to benefit the organizations, which will be held November 7-9, 2003. Cyclists will ride 203 miles, from Miami to Key West, during the three-day event. The first half of the money raised by each rider will be split among all the agencies, with each rider being able to designate which group will receive the second half. Each rider will be responsible for raising a minimum of $1,200 to participate. "Our goal with 'Bike It and B.E.A.R. It' is to work with 2003 riders to raise and distribute more than $2 million to the benefiting agencies," said director of rider relations Glen Weinzimer. "Of course, we also want to produce a ride that is safe, enjoyable and helps raise HIV/AIDS awareness."
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model