Cambodia has Asia's highest HIV prevalence rate
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 17 2003 1:00 AM ET
Officials from the United Nations Joint Programme on HIV/AIDS report that Cambodia now has the highest HIV prevalence rate in Asia, with about 1.5% of the nation's population infected with the virus, the San Francisco Chronicle reports. Among female sex workers in the country, the prevalence rate is estimated to be 40%. Government officials have launched a multifaceted campaign to fight HIV in the country, including a national law requiring sex workers in brothels, which are legal in the country, to use condoms. About 20 Cambodians become infected with HIV every day.
- WATCH: Straight Vlogger Slams Same-Sex Marriage Opponents
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing It Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- Lesbian-Led U.S Women Are One Win Away From The World Cup!
- Abby Wambach on Winning, her Wife, and the Elusive World Cup
- Mike Huckabee: Selfish 'Redefinition of Love' Is Destroying Marriage
- Gay Wedding Advice for Gays and Straights