AIDS group claims Chicago nursing home refused HIV-positive patient
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 29 2003 1:00 AM ET
The AIDS Legal Council of Chicago has filed a federal discrimination complaint against the Lexington Health Care nursing home in Chicago Ridge for refusing to admit a patient who had AIDS, the Chicago Tribune reports. The complaint, filed with the Office for Civil Rights, alleges that the director of admissions for the nursing home told a social worker on December 17 that the AIDS patient would not be admitted because the nursing home staff was not trained to deal with AIDS issues. Administrators at the nursing home have refused to comment.
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- WATCH: Ben Carson Gets the Constitution Wrong Again
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- Teen Jerusalem Pride Marcher Dies From Stabbing