AIDS group claims Chicago nursing home refused HIV-positive patient
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 29 2003 1:00 AM ET
The AIDS Legal Council of Chicago has filed a federal discrimination complaint against the Lexington Health Care nursing home in Chicago Ridge for refusing to admit a patient who had AIDS, the Chicago Tribune reports. The complaint, filed with the Office for Civil Rights, alleges that the director of admissions for the nursing home told a social worker on December 17 that the AIDS patient would not be admitted because the nursing home staff was not trained to deal with AIDS issues. Administrators at the nursing home have refused to comment.
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing it Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Gay Wedding Advice for Gays and Straights
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- WATCH: Why Is Sen. Lindsey Graham Single? According to Gina Yashere, 'He's Gay'