Syphilis outbreak reported in Palm Springs, Calif.
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 07 2003 12:00 AM ET
An outbreak of syphilis infections among gay and bisexual men in Palm Springs, Calif., has prompted a national health alert because of the likelihood that men who visited the popular desert resort city may have become infected and returned home with the sexually transmitted disease, the Los Angeles Times reports. Palm Springs has one of the nation's highest syphilis infection rates, with 75.5 cases per 100,000 people. The resort community recorded 54 new cases in 2002.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6