MAC AIDS Fund ads to run on MTV, VH1, and BET
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 12 2003 1:00 AM ET
The MAC AIDS Fund and Elton John AIDS Foundation are sponsoring a series of AIDS awareness and HIV prevention public service announcements featuring Mary J. Blige that will begin airing February 19 on MTV, VH1, and BET. USA Today reports Blige, John, and Shirley Manson of the band Garbage are also set to appear in magazine ads for MAC's Viva Glam lipstick campaign, in which all proceeds from sales of the lipstick go to the company's AIDS foundation. The PSAs combine shots of the musicians along with images of more than 100 New York teenagers and messages such as "If you don't respect yourself, who will?" The tagline for the campaign is "AIDS Ain't Over."
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- Op-ed: Are Millennials More Racist Than Antigay?
- First Gay Couple to Wed at West Point Turns Tables on Antigay Attacker
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- WATCH: Stonewall Movie Drops First Trailer