MAC AIDS Fund ads to run on MTV, VH1, and BET
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 12 2003 1:00 AM ET
The MAC AIDS Fund and Elton John AIDS Foundation are sponsoring a series of AIDS awareness and HIV prevention public service announcements featuring Mary J. Blige that will begin airing February 19 on MTV, VH1, and BET. USA Today reports Blige, John, and Shirley Manson of the band Garbage are also set to appear in magazine ads for MAC's Viva Glam lipstick campaign, in which all proceeds from sales of the lipstick go to the company's AIDS foundation. The PSAs combine shots of the musicians along with images of more than 100 New York teenagers and messages such as "If you don't respect yourself, who will?" The tagline for the campaign is "AIDS Ain't Over."
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Is It Time for These Indiana Events to Relocate?
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet