MAC AIDS Fund ads to run on MTV, VH1, and BET
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 12 2003 1:00 AM ET
The MAC AIDS Fund and Elton John AIDS Foundation are sponsoring a series of AIDS awareness and HIV prevention public service announcements featuring Mary J. Blige that will begin airing February 19 on MTV, VH1, and BET. USA Today reports Blige, John, and Shirley Manson of the band Garbage are also set to appear in magazine ads for MAC's Viva Glam lipstick campaign, in which all proceeds from sales of the lipstick go to the company's AIDS foundation. The PSAs combine shots of the musicians along with images of more than 100 New York teenagers and messages such as "If you don't respect yourself, who will?" The tagline for the campaign is "AIDS Ain't Over."
- Why Are We Gay?
- Kentucky Clerk Defies Supreme Court, Denies Same-Sex Couples Marriage Licenses
- Op-ed: It's Hard Out There for a Femme
- 5 HIV-Positive Men Give Advice to Their Former Selves
- WATCH: Protesters Tell Antigay Kentucky Clerk 'Do Your Job!' in Showdown With Her Supporters
- Op-ed: How The Danish Girl Helped Me Discover Myself