APLA approved for institutional review board
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 22 2003 12:00 AM ET
AIDS Project Los Angeles on Tuesday became the first AIDS service organization in Los Angeles to receive federal approval to establish its own independent Institutional Review Board, a move that will allow the agency to conduct socio-behavioral research without relying on other government or university review boards to approve research protocols. The review board will be charged with protecting the rights and welfare of human research subjects involved in all APLA research and also will be able to oversee research protocols for projects involving APLA staff, clients, or volunteers undertaken at other AIDS agencies and research centers. Trista Bingham of the Los Angeles County Department of Health Services HIV Epidemiology Program will serve as the chairwoman of the 11-person board.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model