Canada approves Viread
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 03 2003 1:00 AM ET
Health Canada has approved for sale the HIV nucleotide reverse transcriptase inhibitor Viread for use as part of combination therapy in the treatment of HIV infection. The medication is already available in the United States and the European Union. No Canadian price has been determined for the medication, which could slow its approval for inclusion on subsidized drug lists and other formularies of Canada's various provincial and territorial health care programs. In the United States one month's supply of the medication costs about $433.
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- Vatican Official Calls Irish Marriage Vote 'Defeat for Humanity'
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- In Protesting Irish Marriage Victory, Westboro Gets the Flag Wrong
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun