Canada approves Viread
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 03 2003 1:00 AM ET
Health Canada has approved for sale the HIV nucleotide reverse transcriptase inhibitor Viread for use as part of combination therapy in the treatment of HIV infection. The medication is already available in the United States and the European Union. No Canadian price has been determined for the medication, which could slow its approval for inclusion on subsidized drug lists and other formularies of Canada's various provincial and territorial health care programs. In the United States one month's supply of the medication costs about $433.
- WATCH: Dodger Stadium Reacts to Same-Sex Couple on Kiss Cam
- Newly Out Fox Contributor Isn't Very Concerned About Gay Rights
- Could National Marriage Equality Mean the End of Gay Culture?
- The Films of the 26th Annual Honolulu Rainbow Film Festival
- 9 Celebs Who Learned the Hard Way the T-Word Is Over
- Out NYC Owners Call Gays 'Cheap,' 'Entitled' In Disastrous Interview