Canada approves Viread
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 03 2003 1:00 AM ET
Health Canada has approved for sale the HIV nucleotide reverse transcriptase inhibitor Viread for use as part of combination therapy in the treatment of HIV infection. The medication is already available in the United States and the European Union. No Canadian price has been determined for the medication, which could slow its approval for inclusion on subsidized drug lists and other formularies of Canada's various provincial and territorial health care programs. In the United States one month's supply of the medication costs about $433.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- EXCLUSIVE: Bette Midler Covers TLC's 'Waterfalls'
- 7 Absurd Legal 'Arguments' Against Marriage Equality From a Straight Couple in Kansas
- QUIZ: Are You Afraid of Gay PDA?
- #TBT: Halloween Exhibitionism
- LISTEN: Santorum Frothing Mad That LGBT Activists Have 'Silenced the Church'