St. Louis AIDS Walk raises $140,000
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 17 2003 12:00 AM ET
The annual St. Louis AIDS Walk, held Saturday, raised about $140,000 for treatment, counseling, and other services for metropolitan area residents with HIV/AIDS, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports. All funds generated by the walk will support the AIDS Foundation of St. Louis. The event, now in its 14th year, attracted about 3,000 participants. The walk has raised more than $1.9 million since its founding in 1990.
- BREAKING: Kentucky Clerk Defies Supreme Court, Denies Same-Sex Couples Marriage Licenses
- WATCH: That Other Defiant Kentucky Clerk Named Davis Invokes 'Higher Power'
- Pride at Work Tells HRC: ‘Enough Is Enough’
- Why Are We Gay?
- STUDY: One-Third of Israelis Are Bisexual
- Op-ed: It's Hard Out There for a Femme