S.F. group urges "spring cleaning" tests for STDs
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 18 2003 12:00 AM ET
Castroguys--a San Francisco group of activists, health care providers, businesses, and doctors--is encouraging gay and bisexual men in the city to undergo HIV and sexually transmitted disease testing in April as part of a second annual "spring cleaning" campaign, reports the Bay Area Reporter. The group is sponsoring a mobile medical van that provides STD testing in the city's Castro and South of Market neighborhoods. A permanent testing facility, called Magnet, will open in the Castro district in May. The campaign was launched in response to health department data showing that rates of HIV, syphilis, and other STDs are climbing among men who have sex with men. For more information about the "spring cleaning" campaign, call (877) 599-6469.
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- #TBT: Hollywood Hunks Laid Bare: 1920s-1930s
- Texas Antigay Group Raising Money to Fight LGBT 'Army'
- Thousands Rally in S.C. to 'Stand With God' Against Marriage Equality
- 60 Music Videos That Raised LGBT Visibility