S.F. group urges "spring cleaning" tests for STDs
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 17 2003 11:00 PM ET
Castroguys--a San Francisco group of activists, health care providers, businesses, and doctors--is encouraging gay and bisexual men in the city to undergo HIV and sexually transmitted disease testing in April as part of a second annual "spring cleaning" campaign, reports the Bay Area Reporter. The group is sponsoring a mobile medical van that provides STD testing in the city's Castro and South of Market neighborhoods. A permanent testing facility, called Magnet, will open in the Castro district in May. The campaign was launched in response to health department data showing that rates of HIV, syphilis, and other STDs are climbing among men who have sex with men. For more information about the "spring cleaning" campaign, call (877) 599-6469.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6