IAPAC to honor Elton John, Stephen Lewis
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 16 2003 11:00 PM ET
The International Association of Physicians in AIDS Care announced that the group will honor out musician Sir Elton John and United Nations special envoy for HIV/AIDS in Africa Stephen Lewis at the organization's sixth annual "Honoring Our Heroes" event September 15 in Chicago. Also recognized will be Sister Mary Elizabeth of the AIDS Education Global Information System, widely regarded as the world's premier online source of HIV/AIDS information. Lewis and Clark will share IAPAC's annual Jonathan Mann Health Human Rights Award. John is slated to receive the 2003 Dag Hammarskjold Award, which has previously been awarded to former president Bill Clinton and South African archbishop Desmond Tutu. IAPAC Awards for Corporate Leadership will be presented to Pfizer Pharmaceuticals and Medicus Toronto. IAPAC's "Honoring Our Heroes" event will be held to coincide with the 43rd Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment