Asian group receives over $1 million in grants
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 30 2003 11:00 PM ET
The Los Angeles-based Asian Pacific AIDS Intervention Team announced this week that it has received over $1 million in three grants for ongoing HIV prevention programs. The California Wellness Foundation awarded APAIT a three-year grant to support the organization's HIV programs in Los Angeles and Orange counties. Other grants included funding from the Court of Orange Health Care Agency to fund a prevention program for HIV-negative gay and bisexual men, and a California Office of Minority Health grant to expand APAIT's community development and research department. "We're excited and thrilled that funders are recognizing the need of Asian and Pacific Islander communities, particularly in the area of HIV/AIDS," said APAIT director Jury Candelario.
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6
- WATCH: Partner of Sydney Siege Hero Remembers His 'Soulmate'
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Op-ed: How Tom Saved Finland