California AIDS bikeathon brings in $4.1 million
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 17 2003 11:00 PM ET
More than 1,000 cyclists raised about $4.1 million through California's AIDS/LifeCycle 2 fund-raising ride, which was completed Saturday, the Los Angeles Times reports. The riders biked 585 miles, from San Francisco to West Hollywood, Calif., during the weeklong event. Funds raised by the ride will benefit the Los Angeles Gay and Lesbian Center and the San Francisco AIDS Foundation. Last year's inaugural ride attracted about 670 participants, who raised $4.4 million for the two groups.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Antigay Activist: Buy My 'No Such Thing as Gay' Book
- Op-ed: The Decade Masturbation Burst Out of the Closet Before I Did
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson
- PHOTOS: Explore Genderqueer and Other Genders Beyond the Binary
- Is the 'Not Gay No More' Guy for Real?