California AIDS bikeathon brings in $4.1 million
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 18 2003 12:00 AM ET
More than 1,000 cyclists raised about $4.1 million through California's AIDS/LifeCycle 2 fund-raising ride, which was completed Saturday, the Los Angeles Times reports. The riders biked 585 miles, from San Francisco to West Hollywood, Calif., during the weeklong event. Funds raised by the ride will benefit the Los Angeles Gay and Lesbian Center and the San Francisco AIDS Foundation. Last year's inaugural ride attracted about 670 participants, who raised $4.4 million for the two groups.
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- WATCH: Out Musician Mika Shares Video for 'Good Guys,' a Bittersweet Homage to Gay Men
- Op-ed: Let's Keep the Momentum Going After Win in Ireland
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide