California AIDS bikeathon brings in $4.1 million
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 18 2003 12:00 AM ET
More than 1,000 cyclists raised about $4.1 million through California's AIDS/LifeCycle 2 fund-raising ride, which was completed Saturday, the Los Angeles Times reports. The riders biked 585 miles, from San Francisco to West Hollywood, Calif., during the weeklong event. Funds raised by the ride will benefit the Los Angeles Gay and Lesbian Center and the San Francisco AIDS Foundation. Last year's inaugural ride attracted about 670 participants, who raised $4.4 million for the two groups.
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- 14 Stunning Photos of LGBT Military Personnel
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet