California AIDS bikeathon brings in $4.1 million
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 18 2003 12:00 AM ET
More than 1,000 cyclists raised about $4.1 million through California's AIDS/LifeCycle 2 fund-raising ride, which was completed Saturday, the Los Angeles Times reports. The riders biked 585 miles, from San Francisco to West Hollywood, Calif., during the weeklong event. Funds raised by the ride will benefit the Los Angeles Gay and Lesbian Center and the San Francisco AIDS Foundation. Last year's inaugural ride attracted about 670 participants, who raised $4.4 million for the two groups.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Facebook Apologizes for 'Real Name' Policy
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Will PrEP Make Gay Men Stop Using Condoms?