California AIDS bikeathon brings in $4.1 million
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 18 2003 12:00 AM ET
More than 1,000 cyclists raised about $4.1 million through California's AIDS/LifeCycle 2 fund-raising ride, which was completed Saturday, the Los Angeles Times reports. The riders biked 585 miles, from San Francisco to West Hollywood, Calif., during the weeklong event. Funds raised by the ride will benefit the Los Angeles Gay and Lesbian Center and the San Francisco AIDS Foundation. Last year's inaugural ride attracted about 670 participants, who raised $4.4 million for the two groups.
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'
- WATCH: Daily Show Correspondent Takes on Antigay Ark. Pastor
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Op-ed: What I Learned From My High School's Gay English Teacher
- Op-ed: The Far-Reaching Consequences of Dating App Racism
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series