California AIDS bikeathon brings in $4.1 million
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 18 2003 12:00 AM ET
More than 1,000 cyclists raised about $4.1 million through California's AIDS/LifeCycle 2 fund-raising ride, which was completed Saturday, the Los Angeles Times reports. The riders biked 585 miles, from San Francisco to West Hollywood, Calif., during the weeklong event. Funds raised by the ride will benefit the Los Angeles Gay and Lesbian Center and the San Francisco AIDS Foundation. Last year's inaugural ride attracted about 670 participants, who raised $4.4 million for the two groups.
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- Is This Photo Proof Mike Pence Knew RFRA Discriminates Against LGBTs?
- Charles Barkley: Move Final Four Out of Indiana
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- The Only 2 Things to Know Out of Mike Pence's Dissembling Interview
- Tim Cook on Standing Up to Discrimination: 'It’s Time for All of Us'