Louisiana senate committee restores funding for condom program
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 17 2003 11:00 PM ET
A $17 billion state budget approved by the Louisiana senate finance committee on Sunday restored $720,000 that was originally planned to be cut from a condom distribution program in the state. Committee members agreed to restore the funding because there were worries that cuts in state support for HIV and sexually transmitted disease prevention programs would be met with lowered federal funding for HIV prevention efforts in the state. The budget now goes to the full senate, which is expected to vote on the measure on Wednesday.
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Another Lap for Michael Phelps’s Self-Proclaimed Girlfriend
- Why the Mississippi Marriage Win Is Our Most Important Yet
- Meet This Year's 'Prime Time 25'
- Texas AG: Same-Sex Couples' Request to Marry 'Untimely, Out of Order'