Rep. Barbara Lee to lead HIV visit to Africa
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 16 2003 12:00 AM ET
Rep. Barbara Lee (D-Calif.) will lead a congressional delegation to parts of Africa later this month to collect data on the impact of HIV/AIDS and famine in the area. The delegation will travel to Ethiopia and Zambia August 23-29. "Over the next few years the United States Congress will be more and more engaged with Africa, as we should have been all along," Lee told the Oakland [Calif.] Tribune. "Now is the time to export knowledge and technical assistance, in addition to humanitarian assistance."
- Hot Sheet: They Are Risen
- Couple Indicted Over Torture Death of 8-Year-Old They Thought Was Gay
- Artist Spotlight: Kent Monkman
- Snow White and the Seven Bottoms Will Take Bite of Big Apple
- Michelle Duggar Gets Verdict In Her Quest Against LGBT Ordinance in Ark.
- Love Is Strange: A Love Story for Our Times