Rep. Barbara Lee to lead HIV visit to Africa
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 15 2003 11:00 PM ET
Rep. Barbara Lee (D-Calif.) will lead a congressional delegation to parts of Africa later this month to collect data on the impact of HIV/AIDS and famine in the area. The delegation will travel to Ethiopia and Zambia August 23-29. "Over the next few years the United States Congress will be more and more engaged with Africa, as we should have been all along," Lee told the Oakland [Calif.] Tribune. "Now is the time to export knowledge and technical assistance, in addition to humanitarian assistance."
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View