Rep. Barbara Lee to lead HIV visit to Africa
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 16 2003 12:00 AM ET
Rep. Barbara Lee (D-Calif.) will lead a congressional delegation to parts of Africa later this month to collect data on the impact of HIV/AIDS and famine in the area. The delegation will travel to Ethiopia and Zambia August 23-29. "Over the next few years the United States Congress will be more and more engaged with Africa, as we should have been all along," Lee told the Oakland [Calif.] Tribune. "Now is the time to export knowledge and technical assistance, in addition to humanitarian assistance."
- WATCH: Dodger Stadium Reacts to Same-Sex Couple on Kiss Cam
- Newly Out Fox Contributor Isn't Very Concerned About Gay Rights
- Out NYC Owners Call Gays 'Cheap,' 'Entitled' In Disastrous Interview
- Could National Marriage Equality Mean the End of Gay Culture?
- WATCH: Can the GOP Presidential Field Get Any More Antigay?
- Mixed Messages: Supreme Court Denies Review of 'Ex-Gay' Therapy Ban, Trans Inmate's Surgery