San Antonio to reallocate unspent Ryan White AIDS funds
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 16 2003 12:00 AM ET
Health officials in San Antonio this week unveiled a plan to reallocate more than $460,000 in unspent federal Ryan White HIV/AIDS funds, the San Antonio Express-News reports. County commissioners gave approval to a plan to allow local HIV/AIDS groups to request portions of the unspent funds. The San Antonio area received about $3.4 million in federal AIDS funds in 2002, but more than $460,000 of it was never spent. Local agencies seeking grants from the unspent funds will need to get approval from the federal Health Resources and Services Administration before the money can be disbursed. The plan, approved by the county commissioners, also includes streamlining the grant application and disbursal system to avoid having unspent funds in the future.
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- 14 Stunning Photos of LGBT Military Personnel
- Op-Ed: Gay Purple Heart Recipient Says 'Mission Not Accomplished'
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy