San Antonio to reallocate unspent Ryan White AIDS funds
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 16 2003 12:00 AM ET
Health officials in San Antonio this week unveiled a plan to reallocate more than $460,000 in unspent federal Ryan White HIV/AIDS funds, the San Antonio Express-News reports. County commissioners gave approval to a plan to allow local HIV/AIDS groups to request portions of the unspent funds. The San Antonio area received about $3.4 million in federal AIDS funds in 2002, but more than $460,000 of it was never spent. Local agencies seeking grants from the unspent funds will need to get approval from the federal Health Resources and Services Administration before the money can be disbursed. The plan, approved by the county commissioners, also includes streamlining the grant application and disbursal system to avoid having unspent funds in the future.
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- Michigan Woman Sues Planet Fitness Over Trans-Inclusive Locker Room
- #TBT: The Massive, Masculine Art of Robert Riggs
- George Takei Joins Gamers in Shunning Indiana