Arson fire damages Chicago AIDS group's office
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 16 2003 12:00 AM ET
A fire deliberately set last week in Chicago's north side caused about $10,000 in damage to the offices of Test Positive Aware Network, an AIDS advocacy group, the Chicago Tribune reports. Police report that the fire was started when someone poured gasoline down a drainage pipe near the southeast corner of the roof of the building before setting it on fire. Also damaged in the fire were offices for U.S. representative Jan Schakowsky (D-Ill.), several state lawmakers, and a Chicago city councilwoman. "It looked like a bomb had gone off," Jeffrey Allen, event coordinator for TPAN, told the Tribune. No one was in the building at the time of the fire. Police say there was no reason to believe that TPAN or any of the building's other tenants were specific targets of the arsonist.
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Alabama's Antigay Judge Roy Moore Slapped With New Ethics Charges
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox