AIDS Walks held around the U.S.
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 22 2003 12:00 AM ET
AIDS Walk fund-raisers were held in Atlanta, Los Angeles, and Austin on Sunday, raising money for local HIV/AIDS organizations in the cities. About 12,000 people participated in the 13th annual AIDS Walk Atlanta, bringing in about $1.1 million for AID Atlanta and 16 other city AIDS service organizations, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports. More than 7,000 walkers at the 16th annual AIDS Walk Austin raised about $200,000 for the local AIDS organization, including AIDS Services of Austin, the Austin American-Statesman reports. About 5,000 people participated in the 2002 fund-raiser. And in West Hollywood, Calif., about 25,000 walkers raised nearly $2.5 million in the 19th annual AIDS Walk Los Angeles. The funds raised benefit AIDS Project Los Angeles. More than 54,000 people are living with HIV/AIDS in Los Angeles County.
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Arkansas County Clerk Resigns Over Marriage Equality
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Caitlyn Jenner Steps Out with Transgender Celebrities
- Show Your Pride With A Rainbow Filter For Your Facebook Profile Pic