AIDS Walks held around the U.S.
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 21 2003 11:00 PM ET
AIDS Walk fund-raisers were held in Atlanta, Los Angeles, and Austin on Sunday, raising money for local HIV/AIDS organizations in the cities. About 12,000 people participated in the 13th annual AIDS Walk Atlanta, bringing in about $1.1 million for AID Atlanta and 16 other city AIDS service organizations, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports. More than 7,000 walkers at the 16th annual AIDS Walk Austin raised about $200,000 for the local AIDS organization, including AIDS Services of Austin, the Austin American-Statesman reports. About 5,000 people participated in the 2002 fund-raiser. And in West Hollywood, Calif., about 25,000 walkers raised nearly $2.5 million in the 19th annual AIDS Walk Los Angeles. The funds raised benefit AIDS Project Los Angeles. More than 54,000 people are living with HIV/AIDS in Los Angeles County.
- Artist Spotlight: Carlos Barahona Possollo
- Alabama Probate Judges Association: We 'Cannot Legally' Issue Marriage Licenses to Gay Couples
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Skewers Bobby Jindal Prayer Rally
- WATCH: George Takei Parodies TLC's My Husband’s Not Gay
- Madonna's 12 Studio Albums Ranked
- Mormon Missionary Positions