AIDS Walks held around the U.S.
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 22 2003 12:00 AM ET
AIDS Walk fund-raisers were held in Atlanta, Los Angeles, and Austin on Sunday, raising money for local HIV/AIDS organizations in the cities. About 12,000 people participated in the 13th annual AIDS Walk Atlanta, bringing in about $1.1 million for AID Atlanta and 16 other city AIDS service organizations, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports. More than 7,000 walkers at the 16th annual AIDS Walk Austin raised about $200,000 for the local AIDS organization, including AIDS Services of Austin, the Austin American-Statesman reports. About 5,000 people participated in the 2002 fund-raiser. And in West Hollywood, Calif., about 25,000 walkers raised nearly $2.5 million in the 19th annual AIDS Walk Los Angeles. The funds raised benefit AIDS Project Los Angeles. More than 54,000 people are living with HIV/AIDS in Los Angeles County.
- Television Juliet Mills: Back to Nannying, With a Twist 24 min 7 sec ago
- Commentary Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto 1 hour 8 min ago
- Film Why Television Is Outpacing Film in Diversity 7:00 AM
- Current Issue A Letter to My Partners 6:01 AM
- Current Issue Number Crunch: A Church in Crisis 5:00 AM
- Current Issue The A-List Interview: Chris O'Dowd 4:00 AM
- Politics South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books March 09 2014 4:46 PM