Senior World Bank official to join IAVI
February 28 2004 1:00 AM ET
Robert Hecht, manager of the World Bank's central unit for health, nutrition, and population, has been appointed senior vice president of public policy at the International AIDS Vaccine Initiative. Hecht, who will join IAVI on May 1, will lead the initiative's efforts to develop and advocate for public policies to speed the development of a preventative AIDS vaccine that--when available--will be accessible worldwide. "We are very pleased to have Rob join us at IAVI," said IAVI president and CEO Seth Berkley. "He brings 25 years of experience in international development and global public health to IAVI and will lead our work to tackle key policy issues in developing an AIDS vaccine that will be accessible to all." In addition to working with the World Bank for 20 years, Hecht also has served as an associate director for the Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS.
- 60 Music Videos That Raised LGBT Visibility
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation
- REPORT: Lawsuit Targets Woman Killed in Caitlyn Jenner Crash
- U.S. Marine Claims 'Trans Panic' in Murder of Trans Filipina Jennifer Laude
- Op-ed: We Just Saw a Turning Point for Global LGBT Rights
- Op-ed: Whither Gay Provincetown?