Senior World Bank official to join IAVI
February 28 2004 12:00 AM ET
Robert Hecht, manager of the World Bank's central unit for health, nutrition, and population, has been appointed senior vice president of public policy at the International AIDS Vaccine Initiative. Hecht, who will join IAVI on May 1, will lead the initiative's efforts to develop and advocate for public policies to speed the development of a preventative AIDS vaccine that--when available--will be accessible worldwide. "We are very pleased to have Rob join us at IAVI," said IAVI president and CEO Seth Berkley. "He brings 25 years of experience in international development and global public health to IAVI and will lead our work to tackle key policy issues in developing an AIDS vaccine that will be accessible to all." In addition to working with the World Bank for 20 years, Hecht also has served as an associate director for the Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Gay Comic Publisher Undaunted by Apple's iBook Censorship
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View