Manhattan AIDS financing gets increase
March 04 2004 1:00 AM ET
The federal government has awarded its largest ever Ryan White Title I grant to New York City. The $122 million grant, given by the Department of Health and Human Services to finance AIDS services, is $18.2 million more than the city received in 2003. In a written statement, Mayor Michael Bloomberg said the increase "was merited by strengthening our coordination of HIV services and federal recognition" that HIV disproportionately affects the city.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Op-ed: How Transparent Tried and Failed to Represent Trans Men
- WATCH: In Pat Robertson's Latest Diatribe, Gays Are 'Terrorists'
- That's Amoré! 11 Irresistible Images of What Happened When Rome Recognized Same-Sex Marriages
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers