Manhattan AIDS financing gets increase
March 04 2004 1:00 AM ET
The federal government has awarded its largest ever Ryan White Title I grant to New York City. The $122 million grant, given by the Department of Health and Human Services to finance AIDS services, is $18.2 million more than the city received in 2003. In a written statement, Mayor Michael Bloomberg said the increase "was merited by strengthening our coordination of HIV services and federal recognition" that HIV disproportionately affects the city.
- Kris Humphries Doesn't Support Bruce Jenner
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- Ted Cruz/OUT NYC Fallout: Broadway Cares Cancels Benefit at Hotel
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times