Manhattan AIDS financing gets increase
March 04 2004 1:00 AM ET
The federal government has awarded its largest ever Ryan White Title I grant to New York City. The $122 million grant, given by the Department of Health and Human Services to finance AIDS services, is $18.2 million more than the city received in 2003. In a written statement, Mayor Michael Bloomberg said the increase "was merited by strengthening our coordination of HIV services and federal recognition" that HIV disproportionately affects the city.
- Michael Sam Passed Over By Every NFL Team
- WATCH: Cute Gay Teen Explains Homosexuality and the Bible
- WATCH: 'Christian' Family's Terrifying Response to Son Coming Out
- San Francisco Mourns Death of Legendary Drag Performer
- Britney Spears Heartfelt Letter to Once Suicidal Gay Fan
- Have We Got Matthew Shepard All Wrong?