Manhattan AIDS financing gets increase
March 04 2004 1:00 AM ET
The federal government has awarded its largest ever Ryan White Title I grant to New York City. The $122 million grant, given by the Department of Health and Human Services to finance AIDS services, is $18.2 million more than the city received in 2003. In a written statement, Mayor Michael Bloomberg said the increase "was merited by strengthening our coordination of HIV services and federal recognition" that HIV disproportionately affects the city.
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- Is It Time for These Indiana Events to Relocate?
- 6 Bad Behaviors for HIV-Positive People
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'