Manhattan AIDS financing gets increase
March 04 2004 12:00 AM ET
The federal government has awarded its largest ever Ryan White Title I grant to New York City. The $122 million grant, given by the Department of Health and Human Services to finance AIDS services, is $18.2 million more than the city received in 2003. In a written statement, Mayor Michael Bloomberg said the increase "was merited by strengthening our coordination of HIV services and federal recognition" that HIV disproportionately affects the city.
- Artist Spotlight: Carlos Barahona Possollo
- WATCH: George Takei Parodies TLC's My Husband’s Not Gay
- Alabama Probate Judges Association: We 'Cannot Legally' Issue Marriage Licenses to Gay Couples
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Skewers Bobby Jindal Prayer Rally
- Patrick Stewart: 'Supporting Gay Rights Is Natural'
- Gallery of Geek: J. Bone