Ashley Judd promotes AIDS awareness in Cambodia
July 08 2004 11:00 PM ET
U.S. film star Ashley Judd is visiting Cambodia this week to raise AIDS awareness and to launch new health products and services, a United Nations program said Thursday. The star of Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood and the current Cole Porter biopic, De-Lovely, also will visit Thailand and attend this month's international AIDS conference in Bangkok. Her stay in the region will include trips to clinics and schools to speak with children about the threat of contracting HIV. About 600,000 people are HIV-positive in Thailand, and Cambodia has Southeast Asia's highest HIV prevalence rate at 2.6%.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6