San Francisco AIDS walk raises $3 million
July 21 2004 12:00 AM ET
The 18th annual AIDS Walk San Francisco, held Sunday, drew more than 21,000 participants and raised more than $3 million for area AIDS organizations, the San Francisco Chronicle reports. More than 1,200 volunteers and 700 corporate and community teams helped stage the 10-kilometer walk. Money raised from the walk will go to the San Francisco AIDS Foundation and 38 other Bay Area AIDS services organizations. The AIDS walk has raised about $49.8 million for San Francisco-area groups during its 18-year history.
- More Events Cancel Over Gay Hotel Owner's Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- #TBT: Breaking the Gay Code in the Movies
- Kris Humphries Blames Vague Tweet, Supports Bruce Jenner
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Gay High-Schooler Gets Date for Prom — With Straight Best Friend
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'