San Francisco AIDS walk raises $3 million
July 20 2004 11:00 PM ET
The 18th annual AIDS Walk San Francisco, held Sunday, drew more than 21,000 participants and raised more than $3 million for area AIDS organizations, the San Francisco Chronicle reports. More than 1,200 volunteers and 700 corporate and community teams helped stage the 10-kilometer walk. Money raised from the walk will go to the San Francisco AIDS Foundation and 38 other Bay Area AIDS services organizations. The AIDS walk has raised about $49.8 million for San Francisco-area groups during its 18-year history.
- 6 Bad Signs of a Good Relationship
- PHOTOS: Jesus Days
- Is Winnie the Pooh Transgender or Intersex?
- Lesbian Couple Worries Antigay Slur on Google Maps is a Hate Crime
- 90,000-Plus and Counting: Petition to Cancel Duggars' Show Gains Momentum
- Transgender Pioneer and Stone Butch Blues Author Leslie Feinberg Has Died