San Francisco AIDS walk raises $3 million
July 21 2004 12:00 AM ET
The 18th annual AIDS Walk San Francisco, held Sunday, drew more than 21,000 participants and raised more than $3 million for area AIDS organizations, the San Francisco Chronicle reports. More than 1,200 volunteers and 700 corporate and community teams helped stage the 10-kilometer walk. Money raised from the walk will go to the San Francisco AIDS Foundation and 38 other Bay Area AIDS services organizations. The AIDS walk has raised about $49.8 million for San Francisco-area groups during its 18-year history.
- Artist Spotlight: Kent Monkman
- Hot Sheet: They Are Risen
- Couple Indicted Over Torture Death of 8-Year-Old They Thought Was Gay
- Michelle Duggar Gets Verdict In Her Quest Against LGBT Ordinance in Ark.
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Schools Gayle King on Respect for Gender Identity
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight