Space station crew will conduct HIV vaccine experiment
September 28 2004 11:00 PM ET
The crew of the 10th main expedition to the International Space Station will conduct experiments to help develop an HIV vaccine, ITAS-TASS reports. "The vaccine experiment with proteins from which the anti-AIDS medicine is planned to be produced will be one of the most important components of our scientific program," flight engineer Salizhan Sharipov told the news agency. The Russian crew is set to lift off for the six-month space-station expedition on October 11.
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6
- WATCH: Partner of Sydney Siege Hero Remembers His 'Soulmate'
- Gifting No-Nos for Gay Men
- Leaked 'The Interview' Scene Puts James Franco in Bed With Kim Jong-Un