Space station crew will conduct HIV vaccine experiment
September 29 2004 12:00 AM ET
The crew of the 10th main expedition to the International Space Station will conduct experiments to help develop an HIV vaccine, ITAS-TASS reports. "The vaccine experiment with proteins from which the anti-AIDS medicine is planned to be produced will be one of the most important components of our scientific program," flight engineer Salizhan Sharipov told the news agency. The Russian crew is set to lift off for the six-month space-station expedition on October 11.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- 60 Homoerotic Album Covers
- He Said, She Said: Privilege Check On I Am Cait
- Straight Talk With Years & Years' Olly Alexander, the U.K.'s New Gay Pop Star
- Lesbian Couple Allegedly Beaten After Kissing Outside Six Flags in Mass.
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox