AIDS Walk Los Angeles raises $3 Million
October 18 2004 11:00 PM ET
Despite being held on a day marked by on-and-off rain showers, the 20th Annual AIDS Walk Los Angeles on Sunday raised about $3 million for HIV programs in Los Angeles County, the Los Angeles Times reports. More than 25,000 people attended the event. Event founder Craig Miller told the Times that the first few AIDS walks in Los Angeles typically were supported mostly by gay men and lesbians, but participation has evolved since then. "Support from everyone else has increased," he says.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- Gay Comic Publisher Undaunted by Apple's iBook Censorship
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Hands Down, the Single Best Quote of 2014