AIDS Walk Atlanta raises $1 million
October 25 2004 11:00 PM ET
About 14,000 walkers helped raise more than $1 million at the annual AIDS Walk Atlanta, held on October 17, the Southern Voice reports. The amount raised exceeded the organizers' goal, according to Tom Roeck, president of AID Atlanta, one of 16 agencies that will benefit from the fund-raiser. AID Atlanta organized the walk without assistance from an outside production company this year in order to reduce production costs and direct more of the money raised to local AIDS service organizations, Roeck said.
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Emily Blunt: 'I Want to Be a Gay Icon'
- WATCH: Partner of Sydney Siege Hero Remembers His 'Soulmate'