AIDS Walk Atlanta raises $1 million
October 26 2004 12:00 AM ET
About 14,000 walkers helped raise more than $1 million at the annual AIDS Walk Atlanta, held on October 17, the Southern Voice reports. The amount raised exceeded the organizers' goal, according to Tom Roeck, president of AID Atlanta, one of 16 agencies that will benefit from the fund-raiser. AID Atlanta organized the walk without assistance from an outside production company this year in order to reduce production costs and direct more of the money raised to local AIDS service organizations, Roeck said.
- Newly Out Fox Contributor Isn't Very Concerned About Gay Rights
- Out NYC Owners Call Gays 'Cheap,' 'Entitled' In Disastrous Interview
- Could National Marriage Equality Mean the End of Gay Culture?
- WATCH: NOM Thinks It Has a Future (At Least Until 2016)
- 9 Celebs Who Learned the Hard Way the T-Word Is Over
- Op-ed: When Right vs. Left Becomes Right vs. Wrong