AIDS Walk Atlanta raises $1 million
October 26 2004 12:00 AM ET
About 14,000 walkers helped raise more than $1 million at the annual AIDS Walk Atlanta, held on October 17, the Southern Voice reports. The amount raised exceeded the organizers' goal, according to Tom Roeck, president of AID Atlanta, one of 16 agencies that will benefit from the fund-raiser. AID Atlanta organized the walk without assistance from an outside production company this year in order to reduce production costs and direct more of the money raised to local AIDS service organizations, Roeck said.
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- Sweden Is Adding a Gender-Neutral Pronoun to Its Dictionary
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'