Florida groups receive AIDS funds
March 25 2005 1:00 AM ET
Six Florida nonprofit groups offering services to HIV-positive people are set to receive $1.08 million in federal funds, the Miami Herald reports. Grants for the Miami/Dade County agencies range from $42,000 to $250,000 and come in part from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's HIV prevention and testing initiative. The groups set to receive funding include Care Resource, Hep-C Alert, South Beach AIDS Project, South Florida AIDS Network, Union Positiva, and Village South.
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- 14 Stunning Photos of LGBT Military Personnel