Florida groups receive AIDS funds
March 25 2005 12:00 AM ET
Six Florida nonprofit groups offering services to HIV-positive people are set to receive $1.08 million in federal funds, the Miami Herald reports. Grants for the Miami/Dade County agencies range from $42,000 to $250,000 and come in part from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's HIV prevention and testing initiative. The groups set to receive funding include Care Resource, Hep-C Alert, South Beach AIDS Project, South Florida AIDS Network, Union Positiva, and Village South.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Op-ed: Trans Glamour Versus Trans Activism
- WATCH: Will Florida Arrest Clerks for Marrying Gay Couples?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment