AIDS Walk Wisconsin raises nearly $400,000
BY Mike Grippi
October 04 2005 12:00 AM ET
The 16th annual
AIDS Walk Wisconsin, held in Milwaukee on September 25,
brought in more than $383,000 from the AIDS Resource Center
of Wisconsin and other AIDS service agencies across
the state, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
reports. The money raised and the number of walkers
participating in the event was down slightly from 2004
figures, mostly due to rainstorms and fog throughout
this year’s walk, organizers say. Last
year’s fund-raiser drew more than 2,600 participants
and raised more than $414,000. (Advocate.com)
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples