AIDS Walk San Diego raises $500,000
BY Matthew Van Atta
October 07 2005 12:00 AM ET
The 16th annual
AIDS Walk San Diego, held October 2, raised more than
$500,000 for more than 30 AIDS organizations in the San
Diego area, The San
Diego Union-Tribune reports. The money raised
will help provide services to the estimated 22,000
HIV-positive people living in the region. Aaron Heier, an
AIDS walk official, says the money brought in by the
fund-raiser is more important than ever as area AIDS
groups have lost more than $1.6 million in state and
federal funding in recent years. (Advocate.com)
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- Antigay Group's Ad Tells Supreme Court: Marriage 'God's Alone to Decide'