More AIDS funds secured for NYC
BY Matthew Van Atta
March 03 2006 1:00 AM ET
Rodham Clinton has spearheaded an effort to gain an
additional $3 million in federal Ryan White CARE Act AIDS
funds for New York City and Long Island for fiscal
2006, Newsday reports. Her office this week announced
that New York City will receive about $120.4 million in
federal AIDS funds, an increase of $2.5 million over
2005 funding levels. Long Island will receive an
additional $300,000 in funding for fiscal 2006, bringing
its total to $6.1 million. New York AIDS advocates had
expected flat funding or even cuts in Ryan White
funding for 2006 and welcomed the funding increase.
“The increase is absolutely a positive,” Tara
Tate, senior vice president for HIV/AIDS grants
management for United Way of Long Island, told
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Op-ed: How Transparent Tried and Failed to Represent Trans Men
- WATCH: In Pat Robertson's Latest Diatribe, Gays Are 'Terrorists'
- That's Amoré! 11 Irresistible Images of What Happened When Rome Recognized Same-Sex Marriages
- Idaho Gov. Begs Court to Reverse 'Bad Law' of Marriage Equality
- Have We Got Matthew Shepard All Wrong?