Ohio AIDS doctor has license suspended
March 03 2006 1:00 AM ET
The Ohio State
Medical Board has voted to suspend the license of a
renowned HIV physician while he undergoes drug and alcohol
rehabilitation, the Dayton Daily News reports.
Robert L. Brandt Jr., founder of Miami Valley Physicians for
AIDS Care and an honorary board trustee of the AIDS
Resource Center Ohio, says his substance abuse was
caused by stress and burnout. “It's the stress of
being in solo practice. It's the stress of working with the
[HIV] disease," he told the Daily News. He
recently sent a letter to his 800 patients apologizing for
his “personal leave time." The state
medical board will determine whether to reinstate
Brandt’s license upon his completion of rehab.
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- Teen Jerusalem Pride Marcher Dies From Stabbing
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- Leslie Jordan: I Threw 'Sweet Iced Tea, Not Coffee' in Starbucks Fight
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers