Ohio AIDS doctor has license suspended
March 03 2006 1:00 AM ET
The Ohio State
Medical Board has voted to suspend the license of a
renowned HIV physician while he undergoes drug and alcohol
rehabilitation, the Dayton Daily News reports.
Robert L. Brandt Jr., founder of Miami Valley Physicians for
AIDS Care and an honorary board trustee of the AIDS
Resource Center Ohio, says his substance abuse was
caused by stress and burnout. “It's the stress of
being in solo practice. It's the stress of working with the
[HIV] disease," he told the Daily News. He
recently sent a letter to his 800 patients apologizing for
his “personal leave time." The state
medical board will determine whether to reinstate
Brandt’s license upon his completion of rehab.
- WATCH: Gay Couple Assaulted at Dallas BBQ in Chelsea
- Drag Race's Trixie Mattel: 'I Actually Thought I Would Win'
- WATCH: Jon Stewart's Mic-Drop on Antigay GOP's 'Slim Chances' at White House
- Meet the Same-Sex Couple Who Made Dodger Stadium Swoon
- WATCH: Nebraska Woman Is Suing All 'Homosexuals' on Behalf of God
- WATCH: Janet Mock Gives Oprah 'Ah-Ha' Moments About Gender