Furnish, Lemon to Address AIDS Conference
BY Trudy Ring
September 07 2011 8:05 PM ET
Elton John AIDS Foundation chairman David Furnish and out CNN anchor Don Lemon have joined the lineup of speakers at this year’s U.S. Conference on AIDS.
Furnish will deliver the keynote address at an opening plenary session at the event, hosted by the National Minority AIDS Council, taking place November 10-13 in Chicago. This year the plenary and the entire the conference will focus on gay men.
Lemon will also speak during the plenary, as will Arizona state senator Jack Jackson, a gay member of the Navajo tribe who was recently appointed to the President’s Advisory Council on HIV/AIDS; Mondo Guerra, a former Project Runway contestant who came out on the show as gay and HIV-positive; and Tony-winning Dreamgirls star Jennifer Holliday, a longtime LGBT ally and AIDS activist.
“We are extremely excited about this important session,” said Daniel C. Montoya, deputy executive director of the National Minority AIDS Council, in a press release. The conference’s focus on gay men is appropriate, he added, given “the devastating impact this epidemic continues to have on gay and bisexual men, especially gay men of color.”
For more information or to register for the conference, click here.
- Transgender 'Tranny Awards' Changes Its Name, Not Its Nature 14 min 21 sec ago
- Love and Sex WATCH: 20 Strangers Kiss for the First Time 16 min 55 sec ago
- Women Why You Need to See Demi Lovato's Neon Lights Tour STAT 23 min 8 sec ago
- Marriage Equality Young Repubs Express Big Support for Marriage Equality 42 min 39 sec ago
- Television Teen Wolf Adds Gay Character, Expands Lacrosse Team 46 min 34 sec ago
- Television Teen Wolf Adds Gay Character, Expands Lacrosse Team 46 min 35 sec ago
- Women 5 Reasons to Watch CW's Arrow and 'Quiver!' 46 min 45 sec ago