BY Advocate.com Editors
December 01 2009 6:35 PM ET
China: Students use red ribbons to form "AIDS" on Monday, one day ahead of World AIDS Day at a school in Hanshan in east China's Anhui province. China warned in a notice for World AIDS Day that transmission of the disease through gay sex was gaining pace and called for health authorities nationwide to step up prevention work. China's health ministry estimates that at the end of 2009, 740,000 people were living with HIV in the country of 1.3 billion, and the latest data shows that 48,000 were infected this year, according to UNAIDS.
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- Teen Jerusalem Pride Marcher Dies From Stabbing
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Iowa Couple Plans 1,000 Antigay Billboards