The Art of AIDS
BY Benjamin Ryan
November 18 2010 5:00 AM ET
Ahead of World AIDS Day and the corresponding Day With(out) Art, HIV Plus takes a look at the art, in its variety of forms, that has been created in the name of this virus. From emotional and physical therapeutic efforts to the outright documentation of the AIDS crisis, we had no idea when we started this project of just how immense the body of works had grown. And while we were barely able to scratch the surface here in these pages, we are grateful—and awed—that there is not only a universe of creativity that speaks of the past three decades of struggle, of success, and yes, of loss, but also an army that is growing to preserve this history.
- WATCH: This Indiana Pizzeria Won't Cater Gay Weddings
- More Celebs Tweet Off on Indiana
- WATCH: Conan's Hilarious Interview With Indiana's 'Religious Freedom Czar'
- An Open Letter from a Transgender Rabbi to Trans Teens Everywhere
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation