The Art of AIDS
BY Benjamin Ryan
November 18 2010 5:00 AM ET
Ahead of World AIDS Day and the corresponding Day With(out) Art, HIV Plus takes a look at the art, in its variety of forms, that has been created in the name of this virus. From emotional and physical therapeutic efforts to the outright documentation of the AIDS crisis, we had no idea when we started this project of just how immense the body of works had grown. And while we were barely able to scratch the surface here in these pages, we are grateful—and awed—that there is not only a universe of creativity that speaks of the past three decades of struggle, of success, and yes, of loss, but also an army that is growing to preserve this history.
- Artist Spotlight: Roberta Marrero
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- LSU Fraternity Faces Heat For Crass Michael Sam Banner
- LGBT People Are Driving an Upheaval in Video Games
- Op-ed: My Dad and I Helped Each Other Come Out
- I'm From Driftwood Presents: 'You're Bisexual? Then Why Not Choose To Be Normal?'