The Art of AIDS
BY Benjamin Ryan
November 18 2010 5:00 AM ET
At the end of the day Van Cook is a dyed-in-the-wool
social activist but “always with a twist, if possible,” she says. “I’ve
always tried to keep a fabulous edge to it!” After reading recently
released data from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
on the high prevalence of HIV among urban gay men, she felt the age-old
call to action.
“I’m horrified. It’s terrifying,” she says. “I
feel personally delinquent. I should’ve been back out in the trenches.
I’m already thinking, What’s the slogan that goes on the street now?”
- Teen Jerusalem Pride Marcher Dies From Stabbing
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication