The Art of AIDS
BY Benjamin Ryan
November 18 2010 5:00 AM ET
At the end of the day Van Cook is a dyed-in-the-wool
social activist but “always with a twist, if possible,” she says. “I’ve
always tried to keep a fabulous edge to it!” After reading recently
released data from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
on the high prevalence of HIV among urban gay men, she felt the age-old
call to action.
“I’m horrified. It’s terrifying,” she says. “I
feel personally delinquent. I should’ve been back out in the trenches.
I’m already thinking, What’s the slogan that goes on the street now?”
- Kris Humphries Blames Vague Tweet, Supports Bruce Jenner
- More Events Cancel Over Gay Hotel Owner's Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'