The Art of AIDS
BY Benjamin Ryan
November 18 2010 5:00 AM ET
At the end of the day Van Cook is a dyed-in-the-wool
social activist but “always with a twist, if possible,” she says. “I’ve
always tried to keep a fabulous edge to it!” After reading recently
released data from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
on the high prevalence of HIV among urban gay men, she felt the age-old
call to action.
“I’m horrified. It’s terrifying,” she says. “I
feel personally delinquent. I should’ve been back out in the trenches.
I’m already thinking, What’s the slogan that goes on the street now?”
- Where in the World Are The Happiest Gay Men?
- EXCLUSIVE: Watch the Official Trailer for 54: The Director's Cut
- Tenn. Pastor Accused of Gay Tryst Now Charged With Lifting From Church
- Clemson Football Coach Withdraws From Antigay Fundraiser
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?