The Art of AIDS
BY Benjamin Ryan
November 18 2010 5:00 AM ET
At the end of the day Van Cook is a dyed-in-the-wool
social activist but “always with a twist, if possible,” she says. “I’ve
always tried to keep a fabulous edge to it!” After reading recently
released data from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
on the high prevalence of HIV among urban gay men, she felt the age-old
call to action.
“I’m horrified. It’s terrifying,” she says. “I
feel personally delinquent. I should’ve been back out in the trenches.
I’m already thinking, What’s the slogan that goes on the street now?”
- WATCH: Dan Savage on Kentucky Clerk's Religious Double Standards
- Op-ed: How The Danish Girl Helped Me Discover Myself
- 'Old Redneck Hillbilly' Husband of Kim Davis Has a Warning for Nosey People
- Op-ed: The Real Ramifications of the Rentboy Raid
- WATCH: Kentucky Same-Sex Couples Discuss Kim Davis's Denial
- Why Are We Gay?