The Art of AIDS
BY Benjamin Ryan
November 18 2010 5:00 AM ET
At the end of the day Van Cook is a dyed-in-the-wool
social activist but “always with a twist, if possible,” she says. “I’ve
always tried to keep a fabulous edge to it!” After reading recently
released data from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
on the high prevalence of HIV among urban gay men, she felt the age-old
call to action.
“I’m horrified. It’s terrifying,” she says. “I
feel personally delinquent. I should’ve been back out in the trenches.
I’m already thinking, What’s the slogan that goes on the street now?”
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- WATCH: Straight Vlogger Slams Same-Sex Marriage Opponents
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing It Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- Where Are 1.5 Million Missing Black Men?
- The Lost Pink Triangles
- 15 More Queers and Allies to Watch in 2015