WATCH: Man Comes Out as HIV-Positive
BY Lucas Grindley
December 12 2011 11:48 AM ET
When Ronnie came out as gay, his mother told him, "you better never come home with AIDS." In a new online video, he's finally coming out as HIV-positive.
"I begged with God," Ronnie remembers spending time at a hospital chapel before getting his test result. "I'll do this, I'll do that. Just don't let it happen."
The video was shot as part of Cuentame, a new online campaign that's trying to generate conversation among the Latino community about being LGBT.
"I'm tired of not being able to just say it," Ronnie says, explaining why he's coming out.
Watch the video below.
- VIDEO: Duck Dynasty Star Says Gay People are Evil Murderers
- Report: A&E CEO Suspended Robertson for Sake of Gay Employees
- LGBT Activist Goes Missing in Buffalo, Community Rallies
- Artist Spotlight: Best of Art, 2013
- Should PR Exec Be Fired for AIDS Tweet?
- The Advocate's Person of the Year: Pope Francis
- Travel PHOTOS: Amazing Gay Rodeo Exhibit in Indianapolis December 21 2013 6:34 PM
- Media Report: A&E CEO Suspended Robertson for Sake of Gay Employees December 21 2013 5:37 PM
- Media Should PR Exec Be Fired for AIDS Tweet? December 21 2013 3:03 PM
- Media VIDEO: Duck Dynasty Star Says Gay People are Evil Murderers December 21 2013 2:25 PM
- Business Lockheed Martin Cuts Off Money to Antigay Boy Scouts December 21 2013 1:10 PM
- Transgender LGBT Activist Goes Missing, Community Rallies December 21 2013 12:08 PM
- Transgender New Jersey Senate Passes Transgender Birth Certificate Bill December 21 2013 6:00 AM