WATCH: Man Comes Out as HIV-Positive
BY Lucas Grindley
December 12 2011 12:48 PM ET
When Ronnie came out as gay, his mother told him, "you better never come home with AIDS." In a new online video, he's finally coming out as HIV-positive.
"I begged with God," Ronnie remembers spending time at a hospital chapel before getting his test result. "I'll do this, I'll do that. Just don't let it happen."
The video was shot as part of Cuentame, a new online campaign that's trying to generate conversation among the Latino community about being LGBT.
"I'm tired of not being able to just say it," Ronnie says, explaining why he's coming out.
Watch the video below.
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'
- Living Trans, From Iran to New York City
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- Op-ed: What I Learned From My High School's Gay English Teacher
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Op-ed: The Far-Reaching Consequences of Dating App Racism