WATCH: Man Comes Out as HIV-Positive
BY Lucas Grindley
December 12 2011 11:48 AM ET
When Ronnie came out as gay, his mother told him, "you better never come home with AIDS." In a new online video, he's finally coming out as HIV-positive.
"I begged with God," Ronnie remembers spending time at a hospital chapel before getting his test result. "I'll do this, I'll do that. Just don't let it happen."
The video was shot as part of Cuentame, a new online campaign that's trying to generate conversation among the Latino community about being LGBT.
"I'm tired of not being able to just say it," Ronnie says, explaining why he's coming out.
Watch the video below.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Obama Bundler, HRC Founder Terry Bean Arrested on Sex Crimes Charges
- Op-ed: How Gay Genius Alan Turing Got Me Through Middle School
- Op-ed: Why I Quit My Job at the United Nations
- Smoke Signals' Gay Actor Turned Doctor Lands New Career-Defining Role
- Robbie Rogers's Memoir Kicks Around Depression, Redemption, And Coming Out