WATCH: Man Comes Out as HIV-Positive
BY Lucas Grindley
December 12 2011 12:48 PM ET
When Ronnie came out as gay, his mother told him, "you better never come home with AIDS." In a new online video, he's finally coming out as HIV-positive.
"I begged with God," Ronnie remembers spending time at a hospital chapel before getting his test result. "I'll do this, I'll do that. Just don't let it happen."
The video was shot as part of Cuentame, a new online campaign that's trying to generate conversation among the Latino community about being LGBT.
"I'm tired of not being able to just say it," Ronnie says, explaining why he's coming out.
Watch the video below.
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- French Marriage Equality Opponent Commits Suicide at Notre Dame
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- Florida Teen Facing Sex Offender Charge For Consensual Same-Sex Relationship
- LGBT-Inclusive Immigration Reform Good As Dead, Say Advocates
- Op-ed: Religion Shouldn't Be an Excuse for Discrimination
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Marriage Equality Illinois Will Pass Marriage Equality Bill, Sponsor Says 2 min 49 sec ago
- Women Op-Ed: Case of Lesbian Teen Kaitlyn Hunt Raises Questions About Sexual Double Standard 15 min 22 sec ago
- Music WATCH: Is This the Worst Music Video Ever? 29 min ago
- Marriage Equality French Marriage Equality Opponent Commits Suicide at Notre Dame 30 min 31 sec ago
- Politics Democratic 'Betrayal' Leaves Binational LGBT Families Stranded 41 min 53 sec ago
- Travel Peace Corps Opens to Same-Sex Couples 57 min 6 sec ago
- Commentary Why it's Time to Stop Stigmatizing Haitians 1 hour 10 min ago