WATCH: Man Comes Out as HIV-Positive
BY Lucas Grindley
December 12 2011 12:48 PM ET
When Ronnie came out as gay, his mother told him, "you better never come home with AIDS." In a new online video, he's finally coming out as HIV-positive.
"I begged with God," Ronnie remembers spending time at a hospital chapel before getting his test result. "I'll do this, I'll do that. Just don't let it happen."
The video was shot as part of Cuentame, a new online campaign that's trying to generate conversation among the Latino community about being LGBT.
"I'm tired of not being able to just say it," Ronnie says, explaining why he's coming out.
Watch the video below.
- New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families
- The 'Undetectable' Paradox
- The Brains Behind Husbands
- Ugandan LGBT Activists Arrested While Protesting Media Censorship
- WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Boy Scout Comes Out to His Camp Leader
- Boy Scouts Vote to End Discrimination Against Gay Youth
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Television The Brains Behind Husbands 33 min 27 sec ago
- Tyler Curry The 'Undetectable' Paradox in Talking About HIV 36 min 18 sec ago
- Current Issue Meet the New Voice for Dallas 2 hours 36 min ago
- Books New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families May 23 2013 8:17 PM
- Commentary Op-ed: Boy Scouts Must Complete the Inclusion Process May 23 2013 7:32 PM
- Sports Gay Athletes Hop Aboard the Condom Mobile May 23 2013 7:15 PM
- Crime Questions Over Police Response to Murder of N.Y. Gay Man Still Unanswered May 23 2013 7:02 PM