WATCH: Man Comes Out as HIV-Positive
BY Lucas Grindley
December 12 2011 12:48 PM ET
When Ronnie came out as gay, his mother told him, "you better never come home with AIDS." In a new online video, he's finally coming out as HIV-positive.
"I begged with God," Ronnie remembers spending time at a hospital chapel before getting his test result. "I'll do this, I'll do that. Just don't let it happen."
The video was shot as part of Cuentame, a new online campaign that's trying to generate conversation among the Latino community about being LGBT.
"I'm tired of not being able to just say it," Ronnie says, explaining why he's coming out.
Watch the video below.
- Artist Spotlight: James Huctwith
- Hot Sheet: Demi-Vicious Pride
- Congresswoman Slams Science Magazine for Transphobic, Sexist Cover
- Op-ed: When A Trip to Provincetown Helps Moms And Dads Find Strength
- Tow Truck Operator Targets LGBT Drivers During Gay Days
- Michele Bachmann Is Back With One of Her Most Homophobic Comments Ever