WATCH: Man Comes Out as HIV-Positive
BY Lucas Grindley
December 12 2011 12:48 PM ET
When Ronnie came out as gay, his mother told him, "you better never come home with AIDS." In a new online video, he's finally coming out as HIV-positive.
"I begged with God," Ronnie remembers spending time at a hospital chapel before getting his test result. "I'll do this, I'll do that. Just don't let it happen."
The video was shot as part of Cuentame, a new online campaign that's trying to generate conversation among the Latino community about being LGBT.
"I'm tired of not being able to just say it," Ronnie says, explaining why he's coming out.
Watch the video below.
- Religion Op-Ed: Pope's Legacy Will Be That He's Willing to Listen 54 min 53 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Isn't Beyoncé 'Bossy' - She's 'The BOSS' in New PSA to Empower Girls March 12 2014 8:04 PM
- World Explore Iran's Gay Underground Railroad March 12 2014 7:29 PM
- Film Is Frozen a Gay Indoctrination Manifesto? March 12 2014 7:25 PM
- Women WATCH: Is There Anyone a Pansexual Won't Date? March 12 2014 7:18 PM
- Politics Black Lesbian Nominated as Federal Judge Sails Through Hearing March 12 2014 7:10 PM
- Jamaica Judge: Homeless Jamaican LGBT Youth Can Live in Sewers March 12 2014 7:08 PM