Blood Works: The Sanguineous Art of Robert Sherer
BY Christopher Harrity
December 01 2012 4:00 AM ET
The Birds and the Bees
HIV+ and HIV- blood/paper
18" x 15" oval
Collection: Donald W. Brittingham
Sherer: A pretty picture about some of the ugly aspects of nature: sexual infidelity, indiscriminate pollination, self-destructive sexuality, etc. Like humans, the birds and bees promiscuously hop from one lovely little point of interest to the next. The birds seem caught in a love triangle, and the bees engage in a sort of kamikaze sexuality. A world of itches that must be scratched. A world where everyone is interested in someone other than the person they are currently with.
- PHOTOS: Explore Genderqueer and Other Genders Beyond the Binary
- Mississippi Marriage Ban Struck Down
- Op-ed: The Decade Masturbation Burst Out of the Closet Before I Did
- Antigay Activist: Buy My 'No Such Thing as Gay' Book
- Is the 'Not Gay No More' Guy for Real?
- Smoke Signals' Gay Actor Turned Doctor Lands New Career-Defining Role