Blood Works: The Sanguineous Art of Robert Sherer
BY Christopher Harrity
December 01 2012 5:00 AM ET
The Birds and the Bees
HIV+ and HIV- blood/paper
18" x 15" oval
Collection: Donald W. Brittingham
Sherer: A pretty picture about some of the ugly aspects of nature: sexual infidelity, indiscriminate pollination, self-destructive sexuality, etc. Like humans, the birds and bees promiscuously hop from one lovely little point of interest to the next. The birds seem caught in a love triangle, and the bees engage in a sort of kamikaze sexuality. A world of itches that must be scratched. A world where everyone is interested in someone other than the person they are currently with.
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV
- Indiana Newspaper Sends Big Message
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- Every GOP 2016 Hopeful Backs Mike Pence