Blood Works: The Sanguineous Art of Robert Sherer
BY Christopher Harrity
December 01 2012 5:00 AM ET
The Birds and the Bees
HIV+ and HIV- blood/paper
18" x 15" oval
Collection: Donald W. Brittingham
Sherer: A pretty picture about some of the ugly aspects of nature: sexual infidelity, indiscriminate pollination, self-destructive sexuality, etc. Like humans, the birds and bees promiscuously hop from one lovely little point of interest to the next. The birds seem caught in a love triangle, and the bees engage in a sort of kamikaze sexuality. A world of itches that must be scratched. A world where everyone is interested in someone other than the person they are currently with.
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- Living Trans, From Iran to New York City
- Omar Sharif Jr. Featured on Arabic TV News