Blood Works: The Sanguineous Art of Robert Sherer
BY Christopher Harrity
December 01 2012 5:00 AM ET
The Birds and the Bees
HIV+ and HIV- blood/paper
18" x 15" oval
Collection: Donald W. Brittingham
Sherer: A pretty picture about some of the ugly aspects of nature: sexual infidelity, indiscriminate pollination, self-destructive sexuality, etc. Like humans, the birds and bees promiscuously hop from one lovely little point of interest to the next. The birds seem caught in a love triangle, and the bees engage in a sort of kamikaze sexuality. A world of itches that must be scratched. A world where everyone is interested in someone other than the person they are currently with.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Has Gaga Lost the Gays?
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- Op-ed: Gay People Raising Kids Has Shifted From Downfall to Salvation
- Jon Stewart Remembers When The NFL's Biggest Distraction Was a Gay Player
- Philly: Catholic High School Fires Basketball Coach for Connection to Antigay Beating