Blood Works: The Sanguineous Art of Robert Sherer
BY Christopher Harrity
December 01 2012 5:00 AM ET
27" x 20"
Collection: William Cash
Sherer: A safe sex bouquet for circuit party boys, a piece about personal protection. Initially, I was playing with the simple association of the brand name of Trojan condoms with the ancient Trojans. The idea became more sophisticated when I realized that the Trojans were destroyed because they let down their guard and allowed a magnificent animal with hidden dangers to penetrate their safety. The scene of reclining circuit party boys with their phallic-shaped pillows is an exact copy from an actual Greek vase.
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- Indiana Newspaper Sends Big Message
- Every GOP 2016 Hopeful Backs Mike Pence