Blood Works: The Sanguineous Art of Robert Sherer
BY Christopher Harrity
December 01 2012 5:00 AM ET
27" x 20"
Collection: William Cash
Sherer: A safe sex bouquet for circuit party boys, a piece about personal protection. Initially, I was playing with the simple association of the brand name of Trojan condoms with the ancient Trojans. The idea became more sophisticated when I realized that the Trojans were destroyed because they let down their guard and allowed a magnificent animal with hidden dangers to penetrate their safety. The scene of reclining circuit party boys with their phallic-shaped pillows is an exact copy from an actual Greek vase.
- WATCH: Miley Cyrus Features LGBT Youth and Drag Queens in VMA's Closing Number
- Jenny Boylan Tells Caitlyn Jenner: 'Don't Be a Stupid' Woman
- Pride at Work Tells HRC: ‘Enough Is Enough’
- 5 HIV-Positive Men Give Advice to Their Former Selves
- The Log Cabin Republicans' Uncertain Future
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation