Blood Works: The Sanguineous Art of Robert Sherer
BY Christopher Harrity
December 01 2012 5:00 AM ET
27" x 20"
Collection: William Cash
Sherer: A safe sex bouquet for circuit party boys, a piece about personal protection. Initially, I was playing with the simple association of the brand name of Trojan condoms with the ancient Trojans. The idea became more sophisticated when I realized that the Trojans were destroyed because they let down their guard and allowed a magnificent animal with hidden dangers to penetrate their safety. The scene of reclining circuit party boys with their phallic-shaped pillows is an exact copy from an actual Greek vase.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Music WATCH: 'Guess What?' Cazwell's New Video Is Hot! 3 min 56 sec ago
- Entertainment News Watch: Fox News' Most Anti-Trans Comments 4 min 17 sec ago
- Travel PHOTOS: Krave Massive Nightclub Opens in Las Vegas 17 min 4 sec ago
- Style Hairy Hose for Hairless Bros? 33 min 56 sec ago
- Marriage Equality Sen. Lisa Murkowski Endorses Marriage Equality 1 hour 7 min ago
- Style WATCH: How to Dress For Summer 1 hour 12 min ago
- Fitness A Workout Especially for HIV-Positive People 1 hour 45 min ago