Match.com Studies Singles in America
BY Justin Hernandez
February 09 2014 10:46 PM ET
Did you know that the majority of singles are meeting their first dates online, and that bars and offices are considered the worst places to meet dates? How about the research that indicates that Mac users have more sex than PC users? These and other findings were revealed this past weekend at a Match.com press conference for its fourth annual study on the dating patterns and preferences of single men and women in this country.
Aptly titled "Singles in America," the study is based on a survey of over 5,000 singles that was conducted last year. Saturday’s event featured a panel made up of celebrity blogger Perez Hilton, sex expert Emily Morse, Cosmopolitan sex editor Anna Breslaw, and Helen Fisher, the online dating site’s chief scientific adviser. Moderated by Millionaire Matchmaker star Patti Stanger, the panel discussed the results of the survey, which revealed some interesting data about singles.
Other highlights from the study include:
- Dinner is the most preferred activity for a first date.
- Most singles judge their dates by three factors: teeth (shows health and age), confidence (shows psychological stability), and grammar (shows background).
- Redheads have the highest percentage level of achieving orgasms.
- When it comes to connecting on social media, too soon is too much.
While it was an informative and spirited panel, it would have been nice if a little more time had been devoted to LGBT singles. Even with Hilton serving as the go-to expert for some of Stanger’s questions about gay dating, the lack of diversity during this event — and possibly the study — was noticeable.
There’s always next year.
To see more information about this study, go to SinglesInAmerica.com.
- WATCH: Miley Cyrus Features LGBT Youth and Drag Queens in VMA's Closing Number
- 5 HIV-Positive Men Give Advice to Their Former Selves
- Pride at Work Tells HRC: ‘Enough Is Enough’
- Colorado Springs Grindr Hookup Ends in Murder
- Black Trans Woman Ashley Diamond Released from Prison After 3 Years
- STUDY: One-Third of Israelis Are Bisexual