Proof is in the Productions
BY Advocate Contributors
April 12 2011 4:00 AM ET
Dr. Phil McGraw has focused on LGBT issues in multiple episodes over the past nine seasons. See these videos listed below:
• Sept. 30, 2002: Dr. Phil meets with the mother of a hate-crime victim.
• Dec. 17, 2002: A distressed mother calls in because her 5-year-old son likes to wear girls’ clothes.
• Feb. 27, 2003: Dr. Phil and son Jay encourage viewers to sign an antibullying pledge on DrPhil.com.
• April 1, 2003: A mom asks for help in accepting her lesbian daughter.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Op-ed: Be a Lady, Not a Tramp
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- Federal Judge Upholds Puerto Rico Marriage Ban
- Michael Sam Released From Dallas Cowboys, Vows to Fight for Opportunity to 'Play Every Sunday'
- Last-Minute Gift Ideas for the Catholic Who Suddenly Wants to Be Friends