Hot Sheet: Getting Iggy With It
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 18 2014 5:09 PM ET
10. MUSIC: Food, Kelis
Musical chameleon Kelis is back for the follow-up to her blistering 2010 electronica album, Flesh Tone. This time, the Cordon Bleu-trained chef has her mind on, of course, food (the name of the album), but also delicious funk and soul. As different from "Fourth of July," "Milkshake," and "Caught Out There" as you can imagine, Food is an upbeat delight and more proof that Kelis is one of the most underrated risk-takers in the business. Watch the video for "Jerk Ribs" below, where horns blow as the beauty parades in a cavalcade of gorgeous outfits. The album's out Tuesday. — Neal Broverman
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- Michigan Woman Sues Planet Fitness Over Trans-Inclusive Locker Room
- #TBT: The Massive, Masculine Art of Robert Riggs
- George Takei Joins Gamers in Shunning Indiana